Happy Winter, y’all! Where I live in Texas, we don’t get the best “winter” experience. So, I’m constantly looking for ways to create fun Winter activities to help us “fake” it! ha! Once again, I’ve traded out my favorite black beans for something more seasonal in our sensory bins. I can’t wait to share this Winter Beginning Sounds Sensory Bin with you!
*Pair this with our Winter Centers and Activities
Winter Beginning Sounds Sensory Bin + Printables
Prep Your Bin
For Winter, we LOVE using cotton balls! Since we don’t get much snow around here, we love to pretend with things like cotton balls and white kinetic sand.
These cotton balls are perfect for propping up cards and offer your little one a very different tactile experience than the usual smooth beans. My little one LOVES pulling them apart to make piles of “snow” and even fluffy “clouds”!
Prepping this bin is super easy!
- First, grab a bag of cotton balls the next time you’re at the grocery store! I always grab the cheapest one I can find so I won’t be upset when they end up torn apart. Ha! Fill your bin and watch your kiddo go to work!
- Print, laminate and cut your Winter picture cards. While I always print these cards on cardstock, I also like to laminate for durability since they’ll be used by little ones.
- Choose your matching mat and print it along with the recording sheet!
*To add a little extra seasonal fun, I threw in some snowman mini erasers that I found at Target last year!
RELATED RESOURCE: Beginning Sound Centers & Activities
Get to Work!
This sensory bin is easy to differentiate for multiple groups of kiddos!
Either choose the beginning sounds matching mat or the full words matching mat for your students to use with the same set of Winter picture cards.
Then, have your students record the beginning sounds for each picture on their recording sheet!
If you’re ready to have fun with this Winter Beginning Sounds Sensory Bin Printables, you can print them by clicking the large, blue button below!
Then, hop on over to see our Melted Snowman Alphabet Match Activity!
Latest posts by Kaitlyn (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Rhyming Activity - February 5, 2019
- Winter Beginning Sounds Sensory Bin and Printables - December 29, 2018
- Christmas ABC Order Sensory Bin and Printable - November 21, 2018