Pretend play is one of my daughter’s favorite activities! Putting on princess crowns, a sheriff badge, and of course a flowing superhero cape. There is something about putting on that cape that can make anyone feel powerful. If being a superhero is that exciting as a pretend play activity, I just knew it was the perfect theme for a literacy activity too! That is why I used it as the theme for our next round of Full Alphabet Play Dough Mats.
Have fun learning the alphabet with these play dough mats any time of the year! These are perfect for Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten classrooms.
You might also like our Quick and Easy Letter Crafts from A-Z for more ABC practice!
Free Superhero Play Dough Mat Printables
I love these play dough mats not only for their educational benefits but the fun that is tied to them too. Our love for the idea of superheroes runs strong in our house. Thankfully my daughter knows the difference between superheroes jumping off buildings and taking off in flight and her jumping off the couch!
Each page of this Full Alphabet Play dough Mat Set includes fun superheroes, capes, and colored stripped stars. The colors are so bright and fun, and I love that any color of play dough will work well with this set.
The set includes a full page for each letter of the alphabet. Also, both upper and lowercase letters are included for each.
How To Use The Superhero Play Dough Mats
If you haven’t used printable play dough mats before, you and your kids are in for a treat. Kids will enjoy using them and you will be ecstatic over the fact that once they are ready, there is literally no prep.
What I like to do is print out each page and then laminate them. I have laminated them each single paged, but I have also laminated two pages, back to back. This is totally up to you.
Which way you choose depends on how many kids will be using them and how often each letter will get used at one time. I like to laminate them because it makes it easy to wipe off any excess play dough without ruining the pages. Once they are laminated they will last you forever!
Children can fill the letters in many ways:
- Creating balls of play dough to make a dotted line inside the bubble letter.
- Create snakes with the play dough to ‘write’ the letter.
- Fill the letter in completely using play dough and play dough tools.
- Play dough tools can be used to ‘smash’ the play dough into the bubble letters, creating various textures on the letters.
- These play dough mats can also be used with dry erase markers to write the letter inside the bubble letter.
Benefits Of Alphabet Play Dough Mats
Some kids need a fun factor to really be encouraged to do a learning activity. There is no shame in that, it is very common.
Play dough alone is a super fun activity that most kids enjoy – even more with superheroes involved! This set is a perfect activity for a simple literacy center in any classroom.
These Superhero Playdough Mats are full of fun but full of benefits!
- Play dough is a fantastic way to strengthen fine motor skills, which helps with prewriting skills.
- Play dough can be calming and stress relieving.
- Encourages development of hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent sensory play activity.
- Increases creativity and imagination.
- Will help with letter recognition and letter formation.
- Is a fun way to introduce beginning sounds.
These playdough mats are a fantastic way to help encourage children to learn and practice the ABC’s in an exciting, hands-on way.
Grab Your Set
Ready to play and learn? Grab some play dough and print your copy of the Super Hero Playdough Mats by clicking the blue button below!
Then, for more alphabet fun, grab our Alphabet Print and Play Centers!